Practical Management: Being a Positive Role Model
Key message: You have the chance to shape your team into your next colleagues – won’t it be nice if your co-managers thought and performed like you!? More importantly, however, teams tend to take on the characteristics of their leader – so you have a huge responsibility as a manager both professionally and personally.
Aims & Objectives
- Discuss that your team may themselves aspire to be managers, and this is a great opportunity to show them how to do it properly, rather than be the subject of discussion when they are asked in a training session “what are the traits of a bad manager?”
- Identify ways of being a positive role model
- Explain the importance of directly facing issues rather than making assumptions
- Explain the detrimental effects of micro-management
- Discuss “Skilled Incompetence”
- Explain why sometimes you need to “stand shoulder to shoulder” with your team against the client!
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login
No dates available
There are no dates currently scheduled for this workshop.
This workshop is provided by
Professional Life project Digital Records Manager
Email address email@example.com