OIT Policy School in Whitehall
Take Part in a Policy School in Whitehall on Friday 22 March 2024
Ready to dive into the heart of policy making? We are offering the opportunity for 20 students to take part in a Policy School run by Open Innovation Team (OIT) in Whitehall, who are a cross-government unit and a partner of Brunel University. This Policy School is your exclusive ticket to an immersive experience that goes beyond the classroom.
As spaces are limited, there will be an application based upon your response to the following 2 questions:
In no more than 250 words, tell us about a current policy issue that makes you want to find out more about the levers of government and policy making.
In no more than 150 words, tell us about a time you received feedback and how you reacted. (note that you can use an example from your studies, volunteering or a job).
Making successful Applications: Webinar for CBASS Policy School – Friday 2nd Feb, 2-3pm.
To support you in compiling your application, the Professional Development Centre will host this webinar to provide tips and guidance on the application questions, which will also be highly relevant for internship and graduate job applications. Free to attend and open to all, but you need to pre-register here.
There will be no cost to participate in the Policy School and the College will fund your travel and subsistence expenses. Please complete the application form here by Thursday 15th February 2024
Aimed atAll level 6 (final year undergraduate) and Masters students in the College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences (CBASS) are eligible to apply.
Aims & Objectives
Students taking part in the School will:
- Spend a day based at a Government Department in Whitehall, grappling with a policy issue (e.g. climate change policy) alongside civil servants from the Open Innovation Team
- Hear from civil servants how policy advice is formulated, and the key actors involved in taking policy decisions, before embarking on a scenario exercise based on recent projects that OIT team members have worked on
- Work in small groups of peers with OIT policy professionals to develop policy options and recommendations
- Deliver a mock ministerial briefing
- Find out how to pursue graduate jobs in public policy
- Unlock tips on how to use your experience in the policy school to secure jobs in the civil service and other policy related roles in an exclusive workshop by the Brunel Professional Development Centre
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login
No dates available
There are no dates currently scheduled for this workshop.